Data science is an inter-disciplinary field that uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights from many structural and unstructured data. Data science is related to data mining, deep learning and big data.
Data science experts are needed in virtually every job sector—not just in technology. In fact, the five biggest tech companies.
Here is an essential list of tips to kick start your data science career:
- Choose the right role
- Complete a data science course & get certified
- Specialize! Choose a tool or a language and stick to it
- Join local or online community
- Focus on practical applications
- Follow the right resources & stay up-to-date with the latest trends in the field
- Enhance your communication skills
- Do networking, but be sure not to concentrate solely on this!